Thursday, October 19

whole lotta sky

I'm working on my biggest peice of art, ever (besides the windows I used to paint). I'm creating my 3rd work in my 'twilight' series, and it's a whopping 24 x 36 inches, which is huge for me. Pat found a clever way for my little easel to hold my canvas, which has helped alot. Here's a few shots to see it coming along in stages... (still need to add the tree trunks & stars) Oh the quality of the shot sucks, but I didn't want to take the time to fuss with it - I'll save the work till the final pic.

While up in Newport at the craft store I found some teeny tiny glass animals. I picked up a green tucan for my Mom and I got this little blue bird for myself. It's only 3/4 of an inch from tip of the beak to the end of the tail. I have this cute little thing on my monitor where the light from the window can shine through it.

No comments: