Thursday, October 12

Grow

Well here's to hoping I can grow.... as an artist and as a person, since I'm probably not going to get any taller. (I belong to the 5 foot and under group)

So, this is my latest....
I layered acrylic paint, papers, and texture medium on an 8x8 canvas. Then embellished with vintage clip art I got from flickr's Collage Images group, and added wings made from vintage french text. I fashioned a nest from moss and a wood egg that I painted. "Grow" is made from a distressed 'deluxe' scrabble tile, cut paper, a watch face and a regular scrabble tile. The black dots in the upper L corner are old snaps and buttons are vintage from a collection my mom sent me.

This is one of the pieces I will be entering into a jurried show tomorrow. I really hope I will get in because I one of my beeswax collages is in a commercial for the show - and wouldn't it suck if I didn't get my art IN the show?!! The chances are probably slim to none, as over 300 enter and they only take 100. I don't do the usual 'look' you see around here.... everyone does coasty stuff. Oh well, I can't get it if I don't try, right? I won't find out till Nov. 1st, cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had BETTER get in the show!!! If those folks know what they're doing your a "shoe-in "!!
Your designs and style are so much better than others I have seen.
Bravo to you and keep doing your art! You be FABULOUS!!!