Tuesday, October 24

Coming Together

I'm so pleased, my entries for the art show are coming together. I got the bubbles out of my tree and I'm almost done my 4th and last peice. I changed my last one from a beeswax collage to another mixed media peice. My friend made me a few house canvases, and I used one of those (saving the other 2 for the December art gift show).
So the house.... it's cute and my favorite part is the roof. I cut shingles out of copper mesh, folded the edges in so they are neat and hammered each one on. Then I heated them up with my heat gun, to 'heat patina' them. {pictures coming soon}
It may not be sophisticated art, but it's mine - and they will either accept me or not and if they don't I'm fine with that. Surprisingly good outlook on my part ;) maybe because I sold a painting yesterday! I got a commision to make one like the one I made for my altered art group pal. It came together nicely and is sold and on it's way to it's new home.

No comments: