Sunday, October 29

The clock is ticking...

I have yet to finish that last piece to be juried for the show. Tomorrow is my last day to decide "what to put in the attic" Everything I try looks crappy. If magic doesn't happen tomorrow, I'll have to pull it off the list. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

In other news - it's been quite a wicked few days, around here. Thursday morning started off with a bang. The lovely department of homeland security decided to 'reclassify' my son to a different status, and so that voided his student visa. This is a nightmare because we had to pull him from school until he has the A-OK to go back. This was the year he decided he was turning his school life around darn it.... and pulled his grades WAY up. I'm trying to appeal, so that this doesn't drag out and cost him graduating with his pals. Man this chaps my hide!!! So I waited all day Friday for them to return my call on Friday, and missed my altered art group - oh and they DIDN'T EVEN CALL!!! I can't take much more of this crap.

I've been playing around with ideas for the charm swaps I'm in. I think I know what I'm doing for Dawn's, and I finally came up with something for Amber's. I haven't taken pics yet, but when I do I will just post a link to them, not the actual pic here, so anyone else in the swap doesn't have to have the surprise spoiled. I just love how they turned out. Hooray for small favors. So I got 18 of them done tonight and ran out of supplies... I'll get more tomorrow and finish them off. If you want info on the charm swaps, check out my site - right on the front page.

Oh! I almost forgot!!! While I was online, reading my favorite blogs, a cute little kid caught my eye, running down the street. He was tiny, like 3 years old tiny.... so I'm waiting for his parents to come by, with the stroller or something, trying to catch up to him, but NO! My street is crazy busy, and everyone speeds on it - so I was freaking out. I flew out of my chair with my eyes on this this little tot and a car rounded the corner - but just as that happened, my son and his friend did too so I was screaming from my balcony as I was running towards them... "scoop up that baby - a car is coming!!!" With one hand he was scooped up and pulled to the sidewalk and the car came to a screeching halt. I flew down the stairs and picked him up. He was crying and had no shoes on, so I took him upstairs, washed his face, and called 911. He stopped crying when he saw my turtle. I asked him if he was ok and he nodded, and he just snuggled up to me while we waited for the police to come. The cop asked him where he lived and of course he didn't know... which frustrated the cop. "He's only about 3" I said "of course he doesn't know where he lives." So we just sat by my front door, watching the street to see if anyone was out looking for him for about 20 minutes. FINALLY a car driving by sees the second cop car out on the road in front of our place and he asked him if he had seen a little boy around. "Like the one up there?" he asks as he's pointing up to us. That was the dad all right. Apparently they didn't realize he was even gone for a while..... and they lived 2 or 3 blocks away, around the corner. He could have been hit by a car on a million occasions, but he was ok. Thank God for that!

I made a new header for the blog.... for November. I'm just itching to put it up! I'll be a good girl and wait....

No comments: