Friday, January 19

...Time took nothing away

Oh how I love the comfort of being with an old friend. My friend Mia came into work today to surprise me... she will be in and out of town for a while. I wish it were under better circumstances - my heart goes out to her Dad right now. Anyway - we went out for dinner to catch up and it was so nice to be a with a friend and fall right back into each other's lives and never have a quiet minute. So nice to reconnect and just have that familiar feeling of comfort, kindness, and the bond... time took nothing away. We shared a great dinner and 2 hours flew by like 2 minutes. Thankfully she'll be back next week.

So I had the MRI. It was not fun, but not the worst thing I ever did. The soft white light made it bearable and they played my John Mayer cd, so his sweet sound helped calm my nerves. The only part that REALLY FREAKED ME OUT was one of the sequences made a horrible 'alarm' sound and vibrated quite a bit, so I thought those crazy 'what if' thoughts.... like "what if the machine is broken and the guy doesn't know?" and "what if the the tsunami struck - would I be stuck in here?"
I have mixed feelings over the results. They found nothing wrong, so that's terrific, yet at the same time, I have no answers to why my migraines are worsening and any leads to a cure. Ugh. Is it all in my head? Pun intended.

1 comment:

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

Hi Tracy, How are you feeling?
I was wondering if you wear tight clothes, wear heavy earrings, or even wear necklaces?
I have found that they trigger some of the worst headaches because they bother nerves or sensitive spots.

Also, foods can irritate your nerves. Caffeine, cinnamon, tea, some fruits, lots of sugar, preservatives, nitrates etc.