Monday, January 15

Snow Day .... Charms & Headache Free

Last Thursday we had a snow day! Oh ya - we got a whole 2 inches and the town was in a tizzy and canceled school. They just have no idea what snow is around.... it NEVER happens. Sometime we get slushy snow mixed with rain, but it never never sticks on the ground, so to wake up last Thursday and this was amazing!
I was so sick with my damn headache, I wasn't able to go driving around to take pics of the dunes or anything, which was a drag, but I was happy to know it was there.

So yesterday (Sunday) was my fist day, migraine free, in almost a week! I just had the best time finishing up my charms for the other charm swap. Tyler spent the whole day with me (instead of being in his room hooked up to his headphones and guitars), so I was sheer heaven. After spending the entire day taping and soldering I hopped online to read my mail, surf the net, catch up on some blogs and even managed to crank out the two scrapbook pages for the snow and charms in photoshop! I was a little too excited and stayed up till 4:30 this morning playing, but I don't care - it's the first day I have felt like myself in weeks!!!

Here are my charms... I had made up the pic with brushes in photoshop, punched them out and stuck them to the glass pebbles earlier, so all I had to do was wrap them in copper tape and solder them up, but it took pretty much all day because I did quite a bit more than the 25 needed for the shop, since I knew that some of them might would be duds. I am not a master solderer, so I always make extra ;)

(All the credits for my layouts can be found on my flicker page... click on the link to right)

2 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

love these birdie charms!! hope i am on the receiving end of these someday!
xoxo~kim

Gisele said...

Hi Tracy
I was thrilled to receive one of your gorgeous little bird charms through Dawn Sellers' charm swap. Thank you :)