Monday, January 1

STUDIO FRIDAY : Proud Artist Of

This weeks Studio Friday (well I'm late, so it's a few days ago) is about being proud of a piece of art that hasn't been in the 'lime light'. For me, I think it's my "Key to my heart" piece, which kicked off my art sales for 2006. It was the first piece that got me out of my shell, to show and sell, and really jump started me for the rest of the year. It hung in an alphabet show and sold quickly, so I am proud of that. I was the letter K in the show....

It's acrylic on stretched canvas. The K is is plexi-glass that I painted (on the reverse side). The heart is paper clay that I formed by hand, then painted, and the key and key hole are metal additions to finish it off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really cool - no wonder it sold! I love the blue green background.

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

I really like that! Great colors and mixed textures!