Saturday, June 17

My new treasure


click to see larger image

I just love love love my new bracelet from Amanda. Her special touches make her designs unique and oh so pretty. This little gem has a dragonfly charm and a tassle at the clasp - a very nice touch! She also spoiled me with Bath & Body Works goodies that I haven't had since living in Los Angelas - so that was a real treat! I'm so thankful to have spent my birthday with her - not only because I love spending time with her, but she made my day something to celebrate.

My poopy husband gave me his usual gift..... nothing. I try to tell myself ahead of time to expect that so I'm not upset - but you would think just once he would make an effort for me. He even knew I was upset so he tried to make it up to me by buying me flowers the NEXT day. This would be a nice gesture if he did that right, but he didn't. Let me give you some history here - not only did he ask me what I wanted for my birthday (which let me to believe I might actually get something this year), but we also had this major 'flower lesson' at Fred Meyer the other day. (God forbid he get me nice flowers at a Florist, but he is the cheapest guy on the planet - so I'll take the Fred Meyer flowers over nothing). Well almost - so we looked at all the flowers they had a few days before my birthday and he was asking me which ones I liked. I showed him sunflowers, peonies, gerber daisies - all kinds of affordable stuff. Then I showed him the ones I absolutely hated.... garnations... those tiny spotted 'lilly' looking things (don't even know what they are called), crysanthimums, etc. I even commented that they are the 'doggie doo doo' of the flower world, which he thought was funny - so I know he was listening. So guess what he brought me the day AFTER my birthday? You guessed it - the crap of the flora world.
I KNOW we don't have money for expensive jewelry or for him to take me on some fun and fabulous shopping spree - but come one.... don't try to mend my broken heart with a slap in the face. I'm still furious - and he's playing the 'poor beaten puppy' role with me so I'm supposed to feel sorry for him, being a dick to me. WHATEVER! I was hoping that venting here would make me feel better, by releasing it, but so far I'm just refueling my dissappointment. Oh and did I mention my dad didn't call me either - OF COURSE. I hate men, I really do. They can all go #@$% themselves.

So Amanda - you probably have no idea how much your presents and dinner out mean to me!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING ME FEEL LIKE I MATTER!

No comments: