Tuesday, June 6

Getting over it

I used to have this major issue of people seeing my art, reading anything I write, etc. I couldn't stand it. Blogging definately got me over that hump, and entering my art into gallery shows got me over the 'don't look at my art' thing. I would still prefer to show it on the internet than in person, and attending gallery receptions is so NOT my cup of tea - but I'm trying to get over it.

Don't laugh, but I'm always shocked when I find out I'm not invisible. Huh? you ask - what is this gal smokin'? No really - I assume that as I'm driving down the road, in the sanctuary of my tinted window car, that nobody can see me - wrong. Even yesterday, I was walking through the grocery store, minding my own business and kept wondering, 'what the heck are these people looking at?' "You" my husband said - "you look cute in your new shirt - that's why they are smiling at you" Oh how sweet of him to say that. But again, shock on my part. I'm like a kid who covers her eyes then thinks you can see me. I concentrating on finding my green tea Sobe, so I wasn't looking around to see who I knew so I could chit chat or say hello. I was on a green tea mission - so in my weird little brain I just figured I was undetectable. Yikes - maybe that bit of craziness is just too much to share, lol.

So anyway - I decided to update the artist bio that I have to hand in to gallery shows, for their book. Viewers can browse through the book to get to know the artists. Most are just plain jane typed paragraphs, so I thought I would make mine a litte more jazzy. (except for Meredith Draper's awesome altoid soldier - that one rocks) I decided to talk about my personal side a bit more - because I figure if you are reading the bio book to lean more about the artists, we better offer something up worth look'n at. I hope mine fits the bill and helps me crawl out of my shell.

No comments: