Saturday, June 10

100th post! And a reflection on a wondrous week

Wow - I've made it to 100 posts! I have learned that I'm not a journal girl - in a book with a pen, but it looks like I'm a blogger. Oh I can see some of you frowning.... Another person lost on the computer and neglecting the pen and paper, but that's not me - I promise. I love to write letters, real letters that require a lick of the ol' envelope and going to the actual post office. (Believe it or not, the post office still takes letters - not just eBay parcels). I love sending letters and cards, but a journal girl I am not. And that's ok.

OH!!!! But what what I am now is an ordained minister! Yes, you read that right! My friend Rosie and I are starting a chapter of The Church of the Craft, here in Florence. We are hoping to get it running by July, but it might be August. Craft?... you ask.... yes - not witch craft, but arts & crafts! Read all about it here. We decided to go full swing and become ordained. Like I said, it's been a wondrous week.

I sold 2 pieces of art this week too - that's been swell! And I'm waiting to hear from a company to see if they will be accepting a piece of art that I sent to them, into their catalog. Please cross your fingers for me, because I really need this gig.

My oldest son Trevor and his sweet girlfriend Mickala got all dolled up for prom tonight. Aren't they a lovely couple?

I'm working on a commissioned pendant right now. I'm having a bit of a tough time with it because it's not my artwork she wants soldered up, its icons of our town on one side and icons of New York and California on the other. I think I did ok though, I've been tweek'n images in photoshop all afternoon. Tomorrow I'll solder and add beads and it will be ready for delivery on Monday.

My birthday is coming up on the 15th. As I look at my life I still feel like a kid, not like I'm turning 37. I'm sliding down the slippery slope to 40! How can that be? I don't own a house yet - or a terrific car - that's what responsible adults have, right? I'm still dancing around the house to club tunes and looking up new hello kitty items on eBay. What's wrong with me? Oh well - hopefully I'll stay 'young' forever and when the grandkids come along, they will think I'm the coolest granny on the block. Holla! LOL

No comments: