Wednesday, November 1

Doin' the Happy Dance

All day I had my phone call forwarding to my cell, waiting for the call from the selection group at the FEC gallery, to hear if I got in the juried show I've been making art for. I didn't get a call so I went down there (because I know the stuff had to be picked up by 5 tonight). I didn't realize they were only calling people to pick up art that didn't make it into the show... that's why they didn't call me because all 3 pieces of my art made it!!!! I am so excited!!!!! There is a private reception tomorrow night for all the artists who submitted. We can bring one guest, so I'm bringing Tyler, since he's seen me fret over this since I started my show pieces, and he was with me when I found out. He was so proud of me - that was the best!!!! He's never been to any of my receptions yet either, because he was Canada all year, so this will something I can share with him.

I'm so happy to have some good news, especially since we are going through this whole immigrations/school thing. The X's new wife told him this is my problem, so he won't help pay for this, which is our only stumbling block at the point. This really sucks - it's not me they need to help, it's our son. I swear, every man that leaves his family and gets a new one, leaves his original kids behind.... it happened with me, it happened to my best friend's kids.... and now poor Tyler. I just want to call the 'latest' wife and tell her she better not get too cozy, cuz sooner or later she'll be old news and she just might feel this frustration with the kids they have together too. But I'm not going to call - I'm just going to find a way and when they call seeing if he's coming up for Christmas I'm going to tell where to shove the mistletoe!

OK - back to the good news.... I recently got accepted into a group of artists that I not only admire, but really respect. I'm now a member of MMCA (mixed media collage artists) and I'm tickled pink. I accomplished my art goal for 2006 - to get my work out there in shows and galleries and start selling. My goal for 2007 is to start submitting my art to publications that I admire and really focus on some pieces that I can market to shops/galleries (they need to be reproducible)

No comments: