Sunday, November 5

Too much of good thing....

I woke up this morning to find a letter, from a very upset artist, thinking that I had stolen her idea, and she wanted me to credit her for the design. Horrified that I was being accused of stealing, I wrote her back with my sources of inspiration (home decor items). Because I felt her pain of having an idea 'out there' when she was trying to keep it under wraps for an upcoming publication, I pulled my photos from flickr... my item for sale on Etsy.... but there's a bid on my auction on ebay, so I couldn't pull that. I pulled all those things out of empathy for her. After searching and finding all my links to send her, I found a ton of the same item on etsy already. Both posted before mine, and after. Hey they are adorable - who wouldn't want to make some? It just goes to show you there are no new ideas out there, lol.
I'm happy that we have worked it out this morning...
she has no ill feelings for me, and vice versa. As a matter of fact, she's one of my fav artists, so I couldn't be happier that this was all a big misunderstanding AND bad timing for other reasons.

2 comments:

SteinwaysMom said...

Cool stuff - I saw your post at Digital Art Quirks. We really do value people that can combine digital w/mixed media - I am mostly digital but would like to find some fun ways to do altered art projects.

Anonymous said...

What a horrid thing to happen for both of you. Good that you were able to resolve things.