Friday, April 14

Studio Friday : Working Hands

This is an altered book page that I'm working on (since the picture was taken - it's been completed). The photo was taken as part of the Studio Friday blog.

Painty fingers - but I'm holding my paintbrush so you can see that I actually use one. I don't know how I get so painty - maybe it's when I see a ripple and smooth it out with my fingers. I love the squishy paint feeling. I was never allowed to finger paint as a kid - I guess I'm getting my fill now.

8 comments:

Jennifer S. said...

love the green paint! so glad you are getting messy now!

Strong Enough said...

Very nice, Tracy. I like how you painted the theme on your hand. Nice.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful thing, letting your creativity break through the confines of a finger-paintless childhood. I sympathize, I always used to color in the lines : (

deb said...

This is beautiful! I love that you stamped your hand and the green everywhere.

Joy Eliz said...

ha! what a great picture!!!

TheyDHD said...

Whimsically fun! I love how you aren't afraid to get messy and truly become one with your art.

Going For Greatness said...

Happy hands are always creative! Great picture!
All too often we forget to appreciate our most precious tools; our hands! We so SO MUCH with them yet give them little or no thought. I think today's entry for Studio Friday is a great tribute to recognise that which enables us to create! Have a great weekend! I look forward to next Friday's journey!!
~ Gabi

justjohanna said...

love this picture! and the green pages and the green hands. beautiful!