Wednesday, April 5

Studio Friday : Room with a View


This week's Studio Friday topic is 'room with a view'. This what I see out my window. I'm on the second floor. I get to see into the big wax myrtle tree. My "watch" cats love it - they are always chattering at the birds either in the tree or on the telephone/electrical wires and watching the cars go by. They get all jazzed when the UPS truck stops.

Of course just when my crock pot of beeswax is open and ready to go, they jump up and leap over me over my collages to get a better view of those birds - leaving me picking hair off my stuff. All in a days work, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

9 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

What a divine description of how you see the life outside your window. Does this tree flower in spring?

Joy Eliz said...

hee-hee! what a wonderful view and I know the whole ordeal with cats:) Now for me...add 2 dogs that bark at UPS and the mail lady. (where are my headphones?)
Great Post!!

Strong Enough said...

Beautiful tree!

Anonymous said...

"watch" cats...totally cracked me up. Just the images that conjurs up...too funny.

Going For Greatness said...

"Watch Cats" HAHAH!! LOVE IT! I know exactly what you mean! Are they not the nosiest of all?! I swear my moms cats ( we haven't any of our own at present ) are the nosiest neighbours ever! If something is going on out their window, you bet they are aware of it before anyone else!
Great post !!
~ Gabi

Bonita Rose said...

that tree is gorgeous.... thks for sharing!

Lisa Marie said...

What a great tree! I bet it is especially beautiful in the fall.

Ellen said...

Looks like a nice, quiet neighborhood you live in!

madretz said...

Sometimes kitty fur adds a nice texture to collage (at least that's what I try to convince myself when I didn't quite get it all off before the glue dried!) :)

Love your tree, so beautiful!