Sunday, December 10

A little DAQ does a person good

With little time and inspiration to work on my collages these days, I've been blessed to have hooked up with some fun & crazy woman at Digital Art Quirks.
I can sneak a little creative time when I'm having my coffee or right before bed, to create some digital art and just hit 'save' when I have to leave it to rush off to work. It's kept me in the creative zone at least, until I can get back into my 'tangible' art.
Here is a design I did for a magnet swap with the DAQ gals.
I made it in photoshop, then sent the file to my local print shop for printing and laminating. I cut them out, stuck on a magnet and voila - a quick and easy swap fulfilled.
Another project is kind of a 'right of passage' for the group. It's the quirk naming ceremony. We choose our first name and create a digital collage for it. Then the next person on the participation list comes up with your second name and voila - you have a new quirky name within the community. We then can create a third collage with our new name.
For my own first name, I chose 'spirited'. This is the collage I created for it:

Then Kate (digime) created my second name 'wings' for me, and created this heavenly collage for me:

So my new DAQ name is Spirited Wings. I will create my final collage for it this week.
It was my pleasure to give Helen (belles) her second name. She chose 'eclectic' for her first name and I chose 'butterfly' for her second, so her new name is Eclectic Butterfly. Here is the collage I created for her:

No comments: