Tuesday, March 21

Inspire Me Thursday : THINK BIG : Love Bird


Love Bird
Originally uploaded by traSEAlee.

I've been following Inspire Me Thursday for about a month and half now, but have yet to join in on the challenges. Today was the day though - the challenge is "think big"... to do something bigger than normal. Yesterday I happened to hit a sale at Micheal's and picked up some 16x20 canvases... much bigger than my usual small format stuff. I figured one day I would try something bigger. So early this am I was online and saw 'think big' as the new theme - so of course I HAD to give it a whirl!

I've been wanting to try some birds for a while so here it is. I painted the canvas with acrylics, adding in some printed papers to add some texture and interest. (grass, bird, heart & sun) Lastly the eye is a swarovski crystal and it's ready to go. I had a blast doing this and I think I might even try a series - who knows. All I know is that now that I've finally taken the Inspire Me Thursday plunge, I'm hooked.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks for taking the time to peek at my project and for letting me know about the firefox problem. I'm not sure how to fix that - I will search the blogger help file to see if there is a fix or something.
Have a great week!!

Sarah .B. Scott said...

Lovely work!

Anonymous said...

Your collage looks like it could sing!

Bearuh said...

Cute!

irene said...

I keep coming back to look at this painting, it is just beautiful. I love the colors!

I'm on firefox too, and the site shows up great. But I am on a mac, that might have something to do with it...