Friday, March 24

Inspire Me Thursday : MONOCROMATIC ART : white


white
Originally uploaded by traSEAlee.

Here's a white altered book page I did in time for this week's Inspire Me Thursday.

I printed a freebie paper from Somerset Studio onto a transparency sheet and
used gel medium to transfer it to muslin. When it dried I frayed the edges and
made my doll from a bunch of printed papers, using silk hydrangeas as wings
(painted with a little pearl paint). I added lace fro her top and sheer strip of
ribbon for her skirt. The head is cut from vintage clip-art and crystals glued
on for her tiara. The stip of paper on top reads 'beauty comes from within'. The
bottom has a scrap of printed twill tape. White doesn't have to be boring.

8 comments:

isay said...

so appealing to the eyes. i like her tiara and her smiling face.

isay said...

so appealing to the eyes. i like her face and the tiara.

firstborn studio said...

so sweeet

AscenderRisesAbove said...

A wonderful collage.... I love those free papers too!!

Lia (artjunkgrl) said...

I love white and creme! what a process...is that all? lol. this is a beautiful piece!!!

Anonymous said...

White is NEVER boring--luvin' your monochromatic!

carla said...

Wow - your process sounds rather complicated, but certainly worth the step to get this very gentle and lovely collage! I really find incredible interest in combining various tones of whites. This is so pretty!

Contessa Kris said...

I love the combo of papers, fabric, and everything in between to make this a beautiful creation! Fabulous job!