Sunday, February 19

What's my muse?

I often get asked what my muse it. Mostly because my 'style' is... well.... I don't have one. You can't look at one of my pieces and say "oh yes, that's a tracy webster". My art changes with my mood (and I'm never short on those). I'm influenced by what interests me at the time, by my surroundings, finding something new to work/play with, etc. But what really gets my art MADE, done, finished is this little secret....... deadlines! I start all kinds of projects, and get tickled by something else and start something new. My 'to finish' file has grown from a few things on my studio table to a rubbermaid tote to a full fledged rack of shelves. Hey - I can't help it. When the 'mood' strikes, I'll finish them. :)

I've been asked to put some of my art in a few gallery shows coming up here in town at the Florence Events Center. Well - that's just the ticket - I HAVE to finish my stuff now. Finally a muse I'll listen to... my sweet deadline. Hey- what a great idea! I'll make a 'deadline doll' to sit at my table to keep me going. Was that another project idea? Here we go again :)

Upcoming shows & corresponding art to be finished:
"A is for Alphabet" running all of March & April at the FEC. I'm the letter K. I'm working a mixed media piece called 'key to my heart'. So far it has a canvas fame; plexiglass K; super light, air dry, art clay heart; metal keyhole & key; and wickedly fun bright colors.
"Green" Art Squared theme week project. I finished this last night and it's called 'he loves me... he loves me not...' It's on eBay for a week. Bid now if you want to support this starving artist. OK, I'm not starving, but it would be nice to sell something to keep my profession of artist legit. "Rent a Rod", except I'm in a glass case, not hanging on a rod. Also at the FEC gallery, running all of March. I'm still working on these. I'm thinking the common thread is 'springtime in paris' so that will probably be the name of my show. I'm including some art squared stuff, soldered glass shrines and some soldered & beaded necklaces. It's due very soon and I should be working on it instead of being online. Oops.
And finally a small format art show - which title I forget. It's a weekend show in March or April at FEC, and I'm putting 4 art squared pieces in there. Probably all beeswax collages.

No comments: