Monday, February 20

Hot Pink Lipstick

My desk sits in front of my window, looking out to the street. My usual view includes the usual cars going by, a ton of birds going to & fro the wax myrtle tree, old guys riding their scooters to Safeway, and the cute neighbor coming and going all day, but the best one was yesterday. There was this petite little woman with snow white hair walking her matching snow white haired dog. She was decked out in the usual Oregon-casual clothes... but what tickled me was her gigantic black sunglasses and her hot pink lipstick. Not bright pink but a pink so hot, so intense, she could guide in airplanes.
I chuckled at first because it was over the top, but kudos to her for getting dolled up to walk her dog. Sporting her Jackie O glasses, she walked that little dog down the street with all the confidence in the world.

No comments: