Tuesday, February 28

Art for the people.

I've created more art this year already, than all of last year. I guess closing the studio is serving it's purpose. I need to sell some stuff though. Yesterday I dropped off my 'K' at the events center for the 'a is for art' show, starting this week. My painting held it's own to what I saw there so far, so that was a relief. The price however is peanuts compare to other works.
I mean, don't get me wrong - some were very complex in either time creating or money on supplies spent, but some were not and I just didn't see the value in the price. I want my art, which is humble and nothing earth-shattering, to be affordable by all. I want it sold and in people's homes, being enjoyed by someone who makes a connection with it. Yes, I could charge $250 for a dot painted on a canvas and call it my minimalist work, but you won't see that happening. Art for the people I say..... art for the people!

No comments: