Monday, February 26

Just call me Itchy Scratchy

The weirdest stuff happens to me.... Today was day 2 1/2 of having a crazy rash all over my chest, shoulders, back, neck, face, eyebrows, arms and scalp. Oh and it's even on the insides of my eye lids and lower lash according to my doctor. Jeepers. I am apparently having some extreme reaction to 'something'.
I don't have a clue what it is that I got into contact with. The last time I had a reaction this bad was when we added cedar chips to raku fire, about 6 years ago. I totally forgot about that, but I guess it was in my 'record'. He asked me what I was concocting now, lol. Drat, nothing as fun as raku.... just painting with the usual supplies. So now I'm all jacked up on prednisone for the inflammation and swelling and clarinex for the itchy itches. Needless to say I didn't go to work today - I would have scared the customers away looking like a puffy measle patient! Instead I continued to paint the day away, trying to get a bit of art to hang for my upcoming show at the gallery.
I'll be the guest artist for the month of March at the River Gallery in Old Town Florence, OR. They are hosting a reception for me this Saturday from 1-3 pm ... I should be rash free by then, lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The blue bird's nest is a marvelous creation... love the two little children. graybonnie