Saturday, May 20

So excited

I'm starting to make little piles all over the house, of things I want to pack for my trip to Canada, to see my boys. I'm taking up soap supplies so my sister and I can play, kitchen gadgets for Trevor's new apartment, art supplies, camera..... I need to leave room for clothes. I'm sure no matter how much stuff I jam into my suitcase - I'll forget something.... I always do :) As the train starts to roll away - it comes to me.... every time.

The last few days have been spent painting new pictures and trying to keep my headaches at bay. They are getting the best of me and I don't know why. I've eaten healthy food for 2 solid weeks (maybe my bodies going into shock, lol), have gotten rest when I need it, have been making lots of art..... I feel happy, not stressed....except my headaches drive me bonkers.

It's Rhody Days here in lil' ol' Florence Oregon. Our Rhododendron Festival is in full swing. The carnies are here with the games, cotton candy and rides that make you think twice. The Rhody Queen was crowned last night, the craft fair is on today and tomorrow, the car show & cruise with all the old hot rods is tonight, and the streets are filled with thousand and thousands of Harlies. Whenever they ride past the house, my cats come screaming inside and hide under the couch - pretty funny. Tomorrow I'll go watch the parade with my best friend Amanda - that ought to be a kick! You can drive all the way from one side of town to the other in less than 15 minutes, even stopping for the occasional red light. Not on Rhody weekend though - it can take 15 minutes just to take your turn getting on the main drag. All the old fuddy duddies leave town or stay home and complain about all the people, all the noise. I love it - our little town wakes and parties for days and nights and come Monday morning - it's all over and you all you can hear is the distant roar of the last Harley leaving town.

No comments: