Wednesday, May 17

Getting past the slump

I've been suffering from a creative slump. That's what production work does to you I guess. I've been trying to produce a quantity of art needed for an upcoming summer sale and it's sucking the creative juice out of me. Today I got nothing done because I didn't want to make the same 'tired' stuff. I call it tired because I personaly am sick of it - I need fresh clean ideas. So today I poured over my favorite publications, books, websites, etc for inspiration, so I'll have a new jumping off point. I think it worked. Tonight I'm feeling a little more inspired and I'll put those ideas into play tomorrow. I think part of it is just the lack of success I'm feeling with the sale of my art. I can't let it get me down. I've done 3 shows in the past few months, and I have sold at least one thing in every show - so that's something, but it's not flying out the door - so I dwell on that instead. Focus Tracy, focus. Hopefully if I believe it will come, it might - no - it will. I'll keep telling myself that anyway.

No comments: