Saturday, June 9

My house to yours....


This is the glass house I made for the Habitat for Humanity Auction. This is how it was done:

  • cut glass in shapes for the house (2 pieces for each side/roof)
  • made the collages for each side in photoshop and printed (credits to follow)
  • added glitter to the butterfly wings, then sandwiched each collage in between each set of glass and edged with copper foil (available at www.artwerx.us)
  • soldered up the edges, forming the house
  • glued on twigs and moss found locally, then the little birds, pocket watch (available at www.artwerx.us), and silver spoon.
I left 'vent' space in the walls so tea lights could be placed underneath. For the roof I sandwiched a printed paper and copper mesh that was heated to color. I'm pretty happy with it. I need to make another to keep for myself, but I think I'll go a bit smaller.

House collage was made using my fave digi-artist's kits:
Tracy Ann Designs
*Peek-A-Boo Words 2
Holly McCaig
*Flourish
Jen Wilson
*A Little Birdie Told Me
Rhonna Farrer
*Peachy Keen
*June 2006 Freebie
Kathryn Balint
*Make a Fairy
Melanie Willman
*Call of the Wild

The layout I made used:
Holly McCaig
*Summer Lovin
*Journal Dates
Meredith Fenwick
*Covered Stamp Sheets 2
Jen Caputo
*Torn Out & Curled Rips

No comments: