Tuesday, April 3

The dairy drama...

Well this is what I've found out so far.... going off dairy was not nearly as hard as I thought, but I don't know if I can do it forever. At least not 100% forever. I don't think I'm allergic to it, as we previously thought. I do think though that I have a sensitivity to it. What I failed to mention, all along, was that when I started this dairy free gig, I also started Nasonex. I started feeling better and like I always do, I stopped taking the Nasonex. Well 3 days later my ear was aching like mad, and my headache had returned. Back on the med, and voila, I'm feeling better. So I don't think going dairy free has helped that, but it has made me feel better, and all calories that I eat from dairy are gone. Cutting out the cheese alone probably cut those calories and fat in half. I think my stomach feels better without dairy, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I want to have something that might have a bit of cheese on it, ONCE IN A WHILE. I'm doing the dairy free thing because I think it's better for my health. I'm not vegetarian, and I'm never going to become one (Sorry Pearl!)
Ok, so that's that.... I'm tired of recording what I eat and such so the dairy drama is over... at least until I find a really cool dairy free product that I just have to share with you.
Like the Turtle Mountain's Mocha Mania.... oh man they are so amazingly good! Who knew soy could be so yummy!

No comments: