Monday, July 3

my vision - right before my eyes

I've been a bird lover all of my life, but never really collected much until this year - I have so much fun bird imagery & silhouettes that I've never been able to find before. So in my quest to bring more birdy things into my home I have collected little birdcages and I have them all grouped together. My next thing are nests. I've been creating a bunch off collages & mixed media paintings using nests. A few weeks ago I came up with another one, but I had to wait to go into 'the city' to a craft store to get the needed supplies. In the mean time I was cruising one of my favorite artist's etsy page and what did I see? My vision - it was almost exactly what I wanted to create, but was waiting for the supplies. I was half happy to see what a lovely piece of art it was and half heart broken because I feel like I can't create mine now.

Amanda has asked me "when was the last time you created something?" I must admit I haven't created a thing since I saw my vision - right before my eyes - not created by me. I've been struggling with my soldering too - which has pissed me off enough not to make any more. I'm seeing these incredibly lovely soldered items with smooth and thick edges and try as I might - mine are thin and uneven. Off all things of mine to be thin..... :)

Agghh - so I'm once again stuck - afraid of not creating something wickedly fabulous and original. I guess I'll just have to sit down and 'play' - that's when it starts to happen for me anyway........ not when I'm trying.

No comments: