Friday, January 6

Letting Go

Yesterday I made the decision to close my studio. As I try to convince my supportive customers that this a good move for me personaly, I'm trying to convince myself of that too. I have been burdened with the stress of running a business that needs more customers that my little town has to offer. It's hard, I totally love my actual shop building, I like how I decorated it, I love the view from the front window, looking down the street, but I don't love the worry of getting through another tough financial winter. So I'm better off right? Now I'll be free to make and sell my art, which I never had time to do before. And I have so many creative consulting jobs lined up, I'll be busy for a long time - bringing the creative touch to other businesses around town. It's a good thing - right? I just have to keep telling myself that. I'm still keeping my web store and I'll still be teaching workshops at different venues around town. Letting go is hard - but better things are coming, right? (sigh)

No comments: