Wednesday, March 28

Surprised Myself

If some asked me to choose between giving up dairy or breathing, I would have easily ditched breathing. My bf "Pearl" has become a vegan vegitarian this past year, and I told her when she first started, "I could probably do it, if I wanted to, but I could NEVER give up dairy". Well I have given it up for almost a week now, and I'm so happy about my progress.

Dairy Free Journal

day*3
I cheated for the first time today. I was out in Newport with a friend and we went out for lunch at the Rouge Brewery. I was weak in the knees when I saw the crab melt and I caved. There was a wee bit of cream cheese and some chedder. Darn it. Oh well, surprisingly it's been the only time, so I'm still pretty proud of myself so far.
I also had a really great soy 'ice cream' bar.

It's vegan, organic, and oh so heavenly! You just have to try them.
day*4
I finally opened the plain Safeway Organics today. I poured into my life cereal and I didn't even notice the difference. I have not had it in a glass yet, but on cereal it was just great. I couldn't find the milk free Slim Fast.... I think it might have been 'lactose free', but that's not dairy free. Well at least I can have cereal instead, but I'm not an 'eat in the morning' kinda gal. Rats.
day*5
Tyler wanted pizza tonight. I told him I'm not quite strong enough to handle him eating that in front of me quite yet, so we went out for Chinese instead. I had the best won ton soup. The won tons are SO good, and it's loaded with veggies like pea pods, broccoli, water chess-nuts, carrots, and baby corn. I love the shrimp, chicken and bbq pork in it too. DElish!
day*6
I've been 5 days headache free now! Amazing. Maybe this is working :)

1 comment:

Tracyw. said...

Wow! Great progress! See, you're motivating others and don't even know it! I'm trying to lose weight, have become lactose intolerant, and don't make my goals most days. sigh.
Thanks for keeping us posted!
Makes me feel like I might be able to make better choices, and try harder.