Tuesday, August 1

My nest

I'm so excited - I bought an abandoned bird's nest off ebay, from a sweet gal in Australia way back in May. I've been waiting for it forever and figured that customs must have stopped it because it's natural they have so many rules about stuff like that - well today it finally arrived!

And these cuties are the former tenants!

Here is the story....
  • Built & abondoned by Australian Native Noisy Miners.
  • Local materials include: outside: sticks & twigs (from conifers, plumbago, bougainvillea, tea tree), lining: Horse hair, Cow hair, Alpaca wool
  • Measures approximately 130 x 70mm outside & 50 x 40mm inside
  • These birds took about 2 weeks to build this nest. All 3 eggs that were laid hatched. It was only 2 weeks later that the little one's were old enough to leave the nest. They are now adults and have just built a nest of their own containing 3 eggs!
It's my 2nd real nest. I also have an abandoned hummingbird nest.

No comments: